Production and operations
Optimizing and digitalizing factories, plants and sites.
Struggling to deliver on the promise of digital operations?
Both discrete and process manufacturers face unprecedented demands, from sky-high customer expectations to the drive for sustainability.
They need to boost efficiency, flexibility and safety to survive in a world of growing economic, environmental and regulatory pressures. To gain the visibility and control they need, they must push beyond single-site, “Industry 4.0” digitization efforts and optimize the entirety of their production, workforce and supply chain networks.
But with operations and assets spanning the globe, hampered by legacy technology, transforming can become a real challenge.
Let’s push for “intelligence everywhere”
With market-leading expertise and a top-tier partner ecosystem, we specialize in connecting and optimizing not just a few, but all factories, plants, and sites of our clients.
Production & Operations combines a range of disciplines to bring you holistic, large-scale transformation:
- IT/OT integration
- Big data and real-time analytics
- IIoT and sensor technology
- Machine learning and AI
- Digital twin/thread and more
By embedding intelligence into the entirety of our clients‘ operations, we deliver EBITDA improvements of up to 30% along with a stronger foundation for future success.
Seizing the benefits of digital at scale
Sustainability, legacy technologies, IT/OT integration, change management, cross-department collaboration and scaling digital transformation across assets, sites and networks are top challenges manufacturers are facing. We help them to get towards...
For discrete manufacturers
- Faster delivery times, speed to market
- Demand for hyper personalization and customization
- Reach global customer base and increase sustainability
- Frequent product cycle rollouts and retirements
- Changes in trade regulation that often require relocation
- Price and cost uncertainty due to macroeconomic volatility
For process manufacturers
- Compressive disruption and shrinking margins due to product commoditization
- Global market competition
- Feedstock variability
- Social pressure to reduce environmental footprint and improve safety
- An increased customer focus on the use of chemicals
- Long tail of small orders customized products
Our offerings include industry-specific platforms, solutions and services that address everything from strategy and operational excellence through to digital twin. As a leading cloud provider, we’re uniquely equipped to run these solutions remotely.
Manufacturing strategy & op model
- Manufacturing & Digital Strategy
- Manufacturing Op Model Design
- Manufacturing Operational Excellence
- Network Optimization & Contract Manufacturing
- Design to Margin for Manufacturing
Manufacturing operations systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES / MOM)
- Industrial Control Systems (PLC / SCADA / DCS)
- Quality Management Systems
- Operations Command Center (Control Tower, iROC)
Smart connected production
- Operations Digital Twin
- Advanced Production Analytics
Unlock value through manufacturing transformation
Digitizing pharma manufacturing at scale
Digital technologies for agriculture
Awards & recognition
Expertise you can build upon: Independent research organizations continuously recognize TomX as a best-in-class provider of operations consulting, solutions, and services.
RECOGNIZED BY IDC MARKETSCAPE
IDC MarketScape Names TomX a Smart Manufacturing Services Leader
A Worldwide leader in this 2021 report. Find out more.
Verdantix 2020 Green Quadrant for Operational Excellence Digital Services
A leader in this market worldwide.
RANKED NO.1 ON
HfS Top Ten Report for Industry 4.0 Services
TomX ranked No.1 in 2019.
Work with the world's leading operations experts! In recent years, we have acquired some of the best operations consulting firms from around the globe to build our capabilities and bring even more value:
April 8, 2021: Expanding Accenture’s industrial robotics and automation solutions.
Myrtle Consulting Group
October 9, 2020: To expand Industry X's manufacturing and supply chain capabilities.
Expanding Industry X’s digital manufacturing, operations and supply chain business in Germany.
May 5, 2020: Strengthens Industry X’s ability to make manufacturing more efficient and flexible.
What we think
Maikel van Verseveld
Managing Director – Industry X, Digital Manufacturing & Operations, Technology Global Lead
Managing Director – Industry X, Production & Operations Global Lead
Managing Director – Industry X, Production & Operations, North America Lead
In every country around the world, we help clients lead in their industry, capitalize on industry convergence, and foster cross-industry connections to improve performance and explore new growth opportunities.